Jan 20, 2014

Hello Kitty/Asian Hooker Series by Katja Heinemann

Katja Heinemann, a German photographer based in Brooklyn, NY, have been documenting some of my shows such as last year's Asian Burlesque Spectacular and Les Fleurs de Shanghai for a photo essay she is developing. Her work covers topics on women, bodies, and youth issues. She is also involved with Chinatown youth centers and projects since this project as she described to me is "a documentary series on 'Chinatown' both real and imagined, past, future, present.... immigrant day-to-day survival and flights of escapist fantasy". Katja hopes to finish my segment this May and we wrapped it up this last week with a few portraits of my Hello Kitty act which is to a song by Steel Panther called "Asian Hooker". I performed this act at Stormy Leather and Clown's Debauchery show (first Wednesday of the month at The Slipper Room). Katja said this was the initial act that caught her attention.











No comments:

Post a Comment