Jan 19, 2011

Everything Tastes Better from a Bowl

I just want to take this moment to say that I prefer using a bowl to eat food out of instead of plates. Even a deep-dish plate is preferred over a plate where all my food and whatever delicious sauce runs amock and all the flavors are not combined.

Left on my own in the apartment for a week you will only find a dish rack of bowls and no plates in sight. I thought this was because of my Chinese background but apparently Gal Friday told me it's also a real redneck hick thing! She said she likes to put all her food in a bowl too so all the flavors are combined. I couldn't agree more! It's like a burrito.

One of my favorite things to eat is pan-seared chicken breast over quinoa and topped with sauteed mushrooms with red wine reduction. I couldn't imagine eating this on a plate! Where would all the chicken juice go to if not soaked up by quinoa? The travesty!

 



Better in a Bowl!


No comments:

Post a Comment